Guys rarely used fancy pick-up lines on me when I was single, except some general compliments:
- "You have really beautiful eyes. Don't hide them behind glasses."
- "You have a lovely smile; you should use it more often." (I only agree with the second part of that)
- "I guess from your leathers that must be your motorcycle outside?" Yes, that was often my gay club calling card and bait.
- "Love your facial hair!" I often wore a very trim yet thick black beard.
- "I heard your stunning voice across the room and had to see who it was; are you a radio announcer?" Actually, yes I have been, and why I sometimes project my voice for just that reaction.
Whereas I feel too self-conscious to do goofy pick-up lines. Instead, when we've talked awhile and seem to hit it off, I simply ask him: "So, you wanna go home with me?" Surprisingly, it used to work fairly often.