futuresooner saidother than the World of Coca-Cola and the GA Aquarium, there really isn't a lot to do there, other than eat, shop, and sit in traffic
written like someone who doesn't really know what they're talking about :-(
lived in atlanta 23 years... there's a ton to do! august is hot and humid but you can still have lots of fun.
- hike to top of stone mountain at dusk
- a concert at chastain ampitheatre... the summer concert series is usually great!
- georgia aquarium
- the botanical garden at piedmont park
- the high museum (as you planned!)
- a braves game
- centennial olympic park
- the atlanta zoo.... world class; check out the cyclorama civil war museum while there
- shop at lenox square
- run a running trail near the chattahoochee river
- head north to lake lanier (or another lake) for a day trip/picnic
- chill in piedmont park
- the atlanta history center in buckhead
- eat at tons of great restaurants (check out http://www.atlantamagazine.com/
dining guide for lots of choices)
more stuff (some mentioned above) http://www.atlanta.net/50fun/completelist.asp
for another poster... it's savannah, not savana. savannah is quaint, charming and OK near the historic city center and down by the river, but it's kinda boring.... too small.