Are you working your dream job?

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 8:45 PM GMT
    So when you guys were younger what did you wanna be and are you happy with your job right now or would you have chose something else ?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 8:54 PM GMT
    My industry has changed so much since I was in college. So I'm working where I wanted to, and I love and am passionate about 75% of my job. The other 25% was unexpected and I'm not diggin' it. But I wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for that 25%. If that makes any sense at all.

    They pay me well, so I'll say I'm happy where I am.



    EDIT: I'm getting sick of working Saturdays, though.

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:09 PM GMT
    when i was younger in high school i wanted to be an artist i took art all my high school and here are some pics hehe dont laugh they r really old.

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:10 PM GMT
    DjDorchester saidMy industry has changed so much since I was in college. So I'm working where I wanted to, and I love and am passionate about 75% of my job. The other 25% was unexpected and I'm not diggin' it. But I wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for that 25%. If that makes any sense at all.

    They pay me well, so I'll say I'm happy where I am.



    EDIT: I'm getting sick of working Saturdays, though.



    lol but what do you do i dont think you said
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:17 PM GMT
    BELLO said
    DjDorchester saidMy industry has changed so much since I was in college. So I'm working where I wanted to, and I love and am passionate about 75% of my job. The other 25% was unexpected and I'm not diggin' it. But I wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for that 25%. If that makes any sense at all.

    They pay me well, so I'll say I'm happy where I am.



    EDIT: I'm getting sick of working Saturdays, though.



    lol but what do you do i dont think you said



    Cute artwork, Bello. My, what big muscles Spiderman has. icon_smile.gif

    I'm a graphic artist/journalist. It's the part of the job that has to do with my newspaper's website that I'm not diggin.

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:19 PM GMT
    oh cool but is that your dream job like i said or no,and thanks its been so long since i got a paper to draw...=0
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:23 PM GMT
    BELLO saidoh cool but is that your dream job like i said or no,and thanks its been so long since i got a paper to draw...=0



    Being a journalist at a big metro newspaper is a dream job for me. Yes for sure, I'm passionate about it and good at it, and been working in that direction since about my second month of college.

    Are you still dreaming of being an artist, or have you moved on?

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:34 PM GMT
    I have two degree for social work but ended up becoming a full time yoga instructor and couldn't be happier.... I guess our education can seem irrelevant to what our profession ends up becoming. However, I'm sure happy to have had great professors help me understand the world regardless of whether I'm putting my degrees to use or not.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:52 PM GMT
    Well I'm going to art school and majoring in Web Design, and being in San Francisco hopefully I can land a job in that.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 9:59 PM GMT
    What??? You saying there is such a thing as a dream job. Shit nobody told me.
  • Midas426

    Posts: 965

    May 26, 2010 10:12 PM GMT
    hector2009 saidWhat??? You saying there is such a thing as a dream job. Shit nobody told me.
    I missed the memo too. icon_biggrin.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 10:14 PM GMT
    DjDorchester said
    BELLO saidoh cool but is that your dream job like i said or no,and thanks its been so long since i got a paper to draw...=0



    Being a journalist at a big metro newspaper is a dream job for me. Yes for sure, I'm passionate about it and good at it, and been working in that direction since about my second month of college.

    Are you still dreaming of being an artist, or have you moved on?



    well thats what i wanted to be i also wanted to be a dancer and i actually went to chicago to audition for so do you think you can dance but i hurt my ankle and i had to leave and never went back again and i also love music

    but right now i work as a model,lifeguard and bartend and they are good jobs but not what i wanted...
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 10:15 PM GMT
    [quote][cite]hector2009 said[/cite]What??? You saying there is such a thing as a dream job. Shit nobody told me. [/quotey

    ok i mean are you happy with your current job is this the job you will be doing for the rest of your life if it is then its your dream job.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 10:22 PM GMT
    I've been an established Registered Nurse for almost half of my life. The vastness of my experience including being a Trauma/ER nurse made me witness the fragility of human beings in the struggle for life and death. The last segment of my practice as a nurse was a turning point in the fulfillment of my lifelong dream of becoming a physician. I have the gift of a healing hand capable of touching the lives of people who are emotionally fragmented, physically debilitated by medical illness and those who are socially, morally and spiritually detached from the norms of society. With this being said, I came to embrace medical education despite that I'm already on my late 30's. I just wanna go thru life with my head held up high....proud that I have fulfilled what I wanted to do in life and that is to practice the truest meaning of altruism.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 10:33 PM GMT
    IMHO. A job is hard work. No matter how much you enjoy it, you're gonna have good days and bad days. Hopefully, you end up having more good days than bad. But in the end, it's still work. And work is hard.

    I don't really think "dream jobs" exist. In my opinion, "dream jobs" are a fantasy. When reality sets in, "dream jobs" are just like any other job- hard work.
  • DanielQQ

    Posts: 365

    May 26, 2010 10:35 PM GMT
    when i was little, my twin bro and i always wanted to create our own video game design company together. we went our own ways after high school. he became an entepreneur, and i got my PhD. about a year ago we decided to make our dream come true. We pooled our resources and began our company. We designed a game and hired an engineering firm to program it. Now, it's ready to launch in 2 weeks. It's both thrilling and scary to see our dream come alive!

    here's a teaser trailer for our game icon_smile.gif

  • calibro

    Posts: 8888

    May 26, 2010 10:55 PM GMT
    i wanted to be a writer and i am still working for it
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 10:58 PM GMT
    No, but this is a pretty sweet gig until I can move on, and I'm in the right city to make my dreams a reality. Though most likely I will have to get a PhD, and I found a sweet program near Toronto for it.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 10:58 PM GMT
    I won my dream job almost two tears ago, though its a pity that some of the people there suck so much..... professional jealousy is a terrible thing....

    icon_cry.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 11:01 PM GMT
    DanielQQ saidwhen i was little, my twin bro and i always wanted to create our own video game design company together. we went our own ways after high school. he became an entepreneur, and i got my PhD. about a year ago we decided to make our dream come true. We pooled our resources and began our company. We designed a game and hired an engineering firm to program it. Now, it's ready to launch in 2 weeks. It's both thrilling and scary to see our dream come alive!

    here's a teaser trailer for our game icon_smile.gif


    Nice trailer, i too have always wanted to make my own video game. Although i am to pick a career in medicine (as a physical therapist), i've always had that desire to make a video game, especially after playing my first final fantasy game. SO, as a hobby, i write down plot schemes and character ideas and stuff and will one day bring it all together and either make a game or a novel about it. So i'm glad to see someone doing it, gives me hope. I hope you guys do well, i'll be sure to purchase it!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 26, 2010 11:05 PM GMT
    A paycheck, medical, dental, and vision keep me going to work. If it wasn't for that, I would never show my face there again.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 27, 2010 1:37 AM GMT
    gave up a good paying, full benefits pest control job to be a volunteer fireman... works for me icon_smile.gif
  • Classyboy04

    Posts: 497

    May 27, 2010 1:49 AM GMT
    I can say right now I am working my dream job right now. Just started working at Soldiers Field as a pastry cook full time so I am very happy. Next stop will be in a great hotel as a pastry chef and do big great cakes. I just want to learn more as I grow older
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 27, 2010 1:56 AM GMT
    DanielQQ saidwhen i was little, my twin bro and i always wanted to create our own video game design company together. we went our own ways after high school. he became an entepreneur, and i got my PhD. about a year ago we decided to make our dream come true. We pooled our resources and began our company. We designed a game and hired an engineering firm to program it. Now, it's ready to launch in 2 weeks. It's both thrilling and scary to see our dream come alive!

    here's a teaser trailer for our game icon_smile.gif



    nice it looks good ill buy it hehe
  • Moishendlishu...

    Posts: 435

    May 27, 2010 2:06 AM GMT
    My dream job when I was younger was to be an artist. A long time ago I realized I didn't want to have to die before I made any money. So I went into commercial art. A few degrees later and I am now a graphic designer. What I didn't know about the field is how difficult it is to get and STAY in.

    I LOVE designing for a living, and the right client can make 8 hours fly by. The problem is, most of the jobs that say graphic designer really aren't. They are production based. It's also an incredibly undervalued skill set to have to be creative on a someone else's deadlines, often with not enough feedback, and the money just isn't where it should be for the amount of skill and determination the field takes. So I've been evaluating other fields. Problem is, I don't know what I want to do when I grow up icon_razz.gif