Thanks for checking out my page. Check out my blog for more silliness, including the occasional updates of our Realjock workout:
I am a nice guy who is not looking for hook-ups. I have a special man in my life who I am completely enamored with; so, I am not 'on the market'. :-D He's "Chuckmacondo" on here.
I am a steadfast animal lover- and have adopted beautiful pooch with my man in February 2010, after my old guy passed away last April (2009).
I love my friends and family with all of my heart. I enjoy getting out of the city as often as possible, cooking, reading good books and gardening.
A few facts about me:
1. I hit the gym 5 days a week. Early in the mornings- and take the weekends off to spend time with my special man.
2. I am reading 5 different books currently- and I store them under the bed... whichever I happen to pull out that evening... is the one that I end up reading.
3. While I love all animals, I am definitely a dog person and would like another one.
4. I think I'm pretty well rounded... and not your 'typical' guy.
5. While I am a patient man, I do not have the patience for excessive drama or bitter people.
6. I'm a 'glass-half-full kinda guy'... and like to surround myself with (mostly) the same.
7. Don't deal well with pushy people. I tend to be a 'go with the flow' kind of guy... if you have to force something... it usually means that it's not going to work.
8. I'm a Taurus.
9. I turned 31 this past may- and I haven't had a nervous breakdown because of it. Fortunately, I still have a full head of hair... though, I've noticed some more gray.
I've been through the 'scene', and have no interest in experiencing it any more. As I see it, life is too short to spend spinning the same old records, and dancing to the same old song. In daring to try something new, I have discovered a lot of great things about myself- and life in general.
Please read number 7 on my list again... thanks. ;-)
A few of my favorite songs ('classic' ones and new favorites):
Escape Artist - Zoe Keating
Just Feel Better - Santana (feat Steven Tyler)
Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
Sara - Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks (check out the live 7:44 min version on YouTube)
California Gurls - Katy Perry
Hungry - Kosheen
Remember - BT
ANYTHING by Sugarland
Things People Say - Lady Antebellum
Lookin' For a Good Time - Lady Antebellum
One Day You Will - Lady Antebellum
Story of Your Bones - Jennifer Nettles Band
God Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
Keep on Tryin' - Poco
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
Nightshift - Commodores
You Won't Find This - Carrie Underwood
Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood
Our Town - James Taylor
Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
October - Evanescence
I'd like to chat (and maybe connect) with other fitness-oriented guys and trade workout/dietary tips, etc.
Please don't ask me to unlock my photos without unlocking your own. (Thanks!)
Quote of the moment: 'One must keep truth - in small things as in great...' A.S. Byatt "Possession"
Cheers to all of the beautiful men on this site!
PS- if you've read this far... I'm on Facebook too: facebook.com/joshuapelham
You Are An INFJ
You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.
Independent and stubborn, you rarely stray from your vision - no matter what it is.
You are an excellent listener with almost infinite patience.
You have complex feelings, and you take great care to express them.
In love, you see relationships as an opportunity to connect and grow.
You enjoy relationships when they are improving and changing. You can't stand stagnation.
At work, you stay motivated and happy... as long as you are working toward a dream you support.
You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.
How you see yourself: Hardworking, ethical, and helpful
When other people don't get you, they see you as: Manipulative, weak, and unstable