Red tender spot on my penis

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 30, 2011 4:31 PM GMT
    I have a red, tender spot about 1/2" in diameter on my penis that comes and goes. I have been to urgent care twice and to my regular doctor twice about it. My regular doctor, who is a GLMA member because of his gay son, tells me it's nothing to worry about, and that guys will get tender spots from time to time. I've been tested for every possible STD and am clean as a whistle. It is only red and sensitive when erect or has had skin-to-skin friction (yes, I use condoms during sex) but the color changes back to normal for the mostly part when flaccid.

    I've used Neosporin on it with some effect and even tried some anti-fungal cream on it as well with no effect.

    Any body else ever had this problem and can give me some advice?
  • Koaa2

    Posts: 1558

    Jun 10, 2011 11:31 AM GMT
    You might be allergic to latex condoms, just a guess though. Not sure when you get the spot, if it is after using a condom, you might try a non latex one, one without any substance on or in it, etc. Good luck
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 10, 2011 1:18 PM GMT
    I'm guessing that you haven't been to a dermatologist to have it biopsied? Or taken a round of different prophylactic Ab to see if it resolves?

    There are some obscure STDs that can cause painful ulcers... like granuloma inguinale. Also, it's not unheard of to have cancer in that area.