PECs Needing Help

  • gymingit

    Posts: 156

    Apr 23, 2007 11:54 PM GMT
    I know that losing weight takes time. So far so good. But,what kind of weight training and exercises are best in turning breast/boobs into masculine pecs?

    Also, how much does testosterone and hormones play in the size and shape vs. weight training and exercise?
  • GQjock

    Posts: 11649

    Apr 27, 2007 5:50 AM GMT
    "Breasts" or "Boobs" on a man is called gynecomnastia and is basically a layer of fat over the pecs...
    getting the overall fat down in your body will help...but in genetic cases or cases brought on by certain drugs it may take some surgery
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 27, 2007 4:09 PM GMT
    Actually, Gynocomastia is an enlargement of the mammary glands (breast tissue)... you can do all the cardio in the world and it won't get rid of "bitch tits" - as referred to in the steroid world (becuase the increased testosterone increases levels of endogenous estrogen in the body, causing enlargement of mammary glands-boobies)

    I had Gyno in my right pec about a year ago... They don't really know what caused it...I've never been on steroids or anything... Sometimes it just happens. But, you have to have surgery to remove the breast tissue. I'd visit a plastic surgeon and see what they say. My general physician told me it was a cyst due to smoking marajuana. Which I told him was funny because I don't smoke the stuff...and he looked at me and made some sarcastic remark that I was lying... Doctors are stupid...and I changed GP's... he was kind of an ass...and lazy...

    It's an outpatient procedure and usually they don't even use stitches... and the scar is minimal to zero... You'll probably know though if it's more then just fat. Usually you'll have a hightened sensitivity in the nipple...